Creamy Vegan Pumpkin + Apple Soup Recipe
Pumpkin is ideal for the colder seasons, and as a nutritionist, I would even call it a seasonal superfood. This wonderful vegetable hydrates our bodies from the inside, and provides a lot of vitamin A, which is great for your vision and skin. Celeriac is a great source of vitamin K. while apples provide vitamin C and dietary fiber.
This delicious vegan soup recipe will warm you up on a chilly day. The ingredients will help fight cold or flu symptoms and boost your immune system – perfect for the cooler months.
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- Half of 1 medium size pumpkin
- 4 apples
- 2 potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp fresh or ground ginger
- 3 garlic cloves
- Half of medium celeriac
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil (I recommend rapeseed)
- Spices to taste (salt, pepper, granulated garlic)
- Peel and dice the pumpkin. You don’t have to dice your pumpkin into neat cubes (pumpkin doesn’t take long to cook, so bigger chunks are fine)
- Chop onion and potatoes
- Grate celeriac and apples
- Peel garlic cloves
- Heat the oil in large pan
- Add diced onion. Brown onion in pan for about seven minutes on medium heat, and add pressed garlic. Be extra careful to not burn the onion.
- Once the onion is browned and soft, add vegetable stock.
- Next, add all prepared vegetables and spices. You may need to add some water to cover all vegetables. Mix well and cover.
- Bring to boil and simmer for about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Make sure the pumpkin pieces are soft. Once the pumpkin and potatoes are soft, it’s time to cream your soup.
- Using a hand blender (or potato masher), cream the soup. If you don’t have either, you can use an electric blender – the texture will just be slightly different.
Optional: garnish the soup with parsley, walnuts or roasted seeds. If you’re not sure how to prepare ideal roasted seeds, you can check out my recipe here.
This delicious vegan pumpkin cream soup recipe tastes as good as it is for you! It doesn’t take long to prepare, and makes an excellent savory dish year round. Enjoy!