Delicious Cranberry-Lime Tequila Spritzer Recipe
As a tequila lover, I feel that I am constantly trying to convince my fellow cocktail connoisseurs that tequila isn’t just a spirit for summertime fun. You can add tequila to plenty of winter cocktails because it pairs well with the fragrant and often tart flavors that abound in colder weather.
This recipe is perfect for your New Year’s Eve signature cocktail
One of my favorite wintertime combinations is cranberry-mint, and adding tequila turns up the celebration factor – perfect for your New Year’s Eve signature cocktail (and don’t forget about future dinner parties, family gatherings, Valentine’s Day and beyond!).
This quick and easy cranberry-lime tequila spritzer cocktail will be sure to add a bit of sparkling fun to your winter drink selection. The color alone just screams ‘festive!’
Cranberry-Lime Tequila Spritzer ingredients:
- ¾ cup Silver Tequila
- ¼ – ½ cup cranberry simple syrup (amount depends on sweetness preference)
- Juice of 3 limes (about ¼ cup)
- 12 oz. Seltzer water
- Mint sprigs for garnish
- Optional: fresh cranberries for garnish
Cranberry-Lime Tequila Spritzer instructions:
Yield: About four, 6-ounce cocktails
- If you have your cranberry simple syrup ready made (I make mine in large batches to use throughout the winter season – click on the link in the ingredient list for the recipe), this cocktail takes a total of five minutes from start to finish – perfect for last-minute house guests and the cheeky post-New Year workout cocktail with your fellow yogis.
- In a medium mixing bowl (one with a spout is easiest), juice your limes.
- Add your preference of cranberry simple syrup – I used about ¾ of a cup, but if you want it sweeter or a bit less sweet, start with ¼ cup and add the remainder after the cocktail is finished.
- Add ½ cup of silver tequila and mix well. Finish by adding 12 ounces of seltzer and give it a quick stir.
- Transfer to cocktail glasses and pop in the mint and cranberries for a festive garnish.
After having a sip of one of these fizzing beauties at your next winter get-together, I’m sure you’ll be a cold weather tequila convert as well! Bottoms up!!