2 Ingredient Pancakes: The Easiest Healthy Pancake Recipe Ever!
If only we could eat donuts, cupcakes and pancakes all day . . . If you’re like me, you want to be healthy without giving up delicious foods.
One of those foods being . . . PANCAKES!
As CEO of the yoga brand Cuccio Somatology and someone who loves teaching yoga, I need to find a way to be healthy, find foods that taste good, but that also don’t take a lot of time. It’s not always easy – I get it!
I love helping people find ways to incorporate yummy foods that also are nutritious and energy boosting. Pancakes have always been one of my favorite foods, but I don’t always feel my best when I eat those syrup-drenched, amazingly sweet and fluffy pancakes you order at House of Pancakes. So I came up with a solution!
HEALTHY Two-Ingredient Pancakes
- 1 Banana
- 1 Egg
- Optional: Handful of blueberries, strawberries, and/or powdered sugar
- Mix together 1 egg + 1 banana with a whisk or fork (don’t mix it together completely, you want to still see some consistency of the banana)
- Make small rounds on a flat cast iron skillet or pan on medium heat
- Once you start to see bubbles on the top of the pancake, you will know it’s time to flip
- Leave on for another 1-2 minutes and serve!
Another great option: I sometimes like to add a little vanilla extract and cinnamon, but this is totally optional. Cinnamon imitates the activity of insulin and increases the metabolism of glucose. High blood sugar levels can lead to increased fat storage in the body, so cinnamon helps prevent this and helps you lose weight. Pancakes that can help us lose weight?! Yes, please!
These are SO easy to make, and only take 5 minutes, plus the clean up is even quicker (nobody likes cleaning up!).
Enjoy your pancakes! <3