Build a Strong Online Yoga Presence With 4 Productivity Tips
It is not easy to build your online presence to showcase your yoga career (whether you’re a yoga teacher, wanting to become one, a yoga student, a yoga blogger, or a mix of the above), especially if you are not a techie.
Fortunately, there are many wonderful (and free) tools and services out there that can help you attack the day and be an online warrior!
Based on experience and expertise, here are 4 productivity tips to support you in having a strong and successful online yoga presence:
1. Organize! Organize! Organize!
Start by planning out what you need to do, what you need to remember, and what your goals are in order to have a clearer mindset. It’s important to organize your thoughts and time effectively. Below are a few awesome resources to help you accomplish this:
- Trello: This tool helps you to have the memory of an elephant. Trello helps you create to-do-lists to help you keep up with your tasks, missions, classes, etc.
- Evernote: I’m sure you’ve all heard about this one, but it’s great to have an online tool to keep all of your notes, contacts, doodles and absolutely anything all in one place for easy reference.
- IFTTT: If you are a tool or application addict, use this product to connect all the apps and programs you use the most. For example, connect your Instagram account with your Dropbox so you can easily access all your images from both platforms.
2. Find Inspiration
What’s great about yoga is the wealth of inspiration to be found – and shared! – within our yoga and wellness community. Try using the below examples to stay full of inspiration:
- Instagram: You yogis are probably already on it, but Instagram is a great way to share your beautiful yoga practice to inspire others, or browse through other profiles to further inspire your own practice and/or teaching. Instagram is also a great tool to maintain presence online.
- Pinterest: Create a vision board to help you set your intentions and connect with like-minded people. Pinterest is also a fun way to visualize your goals. Show your audience that you are present and active!
- Feedly: This is an awesome platform to organize, read and share what most matters to you. Discover your new favorite content here, and maybe even blogs that you can contribute to also.
3. Make Your Business Shine
Nowadays it is essential to be online so people can find you, follow your activity, stay notified about upcoming events and opportunities to connect, and also so that you can be contacted. Here are few resources to help you out:
- Heek: This website is awesome because it helps you make your own yoga website for free – all via chat! It’s fast and easy to use with over 30 different types of yoga content.
- MINDBODY: Organize all your class schedules, programs, class registration, payment and more with this application. It’s really great for visibility and it also allows your clients to book your classes easily. This is great for yoga studio owners and managers, or teachers looking to offer special events, etc.
- MailChimp: If you already have a fanbase, use this tool to create fun and easy emails and newsletters to reach out to your audience. Schedule emails, design your own templates, and access other important communication features.
4. Get Social
If you do not have a Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or other account, it’s best to create them now! Managing multiple social media accounts is like a full-time job but don’t fret! There are resources that help you manage your social media accounts:
- Hootsuite: This platform helps you time your posts, tweets or photos ahead! You are able to use up to 5 different social platforms and monitor your performances and what others are doing around you.
- Canva: Get your creative juices going and use this tool to help you develop beautiful posts so that you don’t have to do it from scratch. They have templates for blogs, flyers, infographics, cards and much more!
- Facebook Scheduling: If you have a public figure or business page, use the Publishing Tools feature – an easy way to schedule all your posts ahead of time for the week (or month!) in one sitting, so you have one less thing to keep track of.
There you have it – 4 simple tips to get you started on your path to a strong and successful online presence. Of course, there are countless tools and resources out there to help you, so don’t hesitate to browse around and find the ones that suit you the best! Cheers to your online success!