5 Fantastic Yoga Retreats That Won’t Break the Bank
Just picture it: long, leisurely days filled with yoga, relaxing massages to wash away all your stress, and delicious, hand-prepared meals served to you daily as you enjoy a blissful, well-deserved yoga vacation. Sound too good to be true and too much for your budget? We’re here to tell you that the retreat you’ve been dreaming of can be a reality! It just takes a bit of time and research to find one that fits your needs.
There are a few things to keep in mind when you’re researching and booking your retreat that will help you stay on a budget:
Location: Think ‘off the beaten path.’ Less well-known locations are likely to offer better prices and more perks.
Instructors: If you’re seeking out the world-renowned yogi, chances are they’ll charge more for their expertise.
What’s included: Read the fine print—some retreats say ‘all-inclusive’ but actually offer no free meals. Others offer much more than you might expect.
Share a room: A private bungalow is going to cost more. If you’re open to a roommate, you’re going to save money.
Since there are so many amazing-yet-affordable retreats to choose from, we’ve handpicked a few that might just be the getaway you’re looking for.
Here are five fantastic yoga retreats that won’t break the bank:
Located in the mountains of Northern California, this yoga sanctuary hosts a variety of retreats from yoga intensives to silent retreats. The sanctuary is an ideal getaway from life where living is ‘off the grid’ and guests can join in daily yoga classes, meditations and scenic day trips.
Their five-day Personal Yoga retreat starts at $200 for a comfortable tent and goes up based on accommodation type. It includes:
• Daily yoga sessions
• Daily morning and evening meditation sessions
• Hiking opportunities through the scenic state park and Yuba River
• Scenic views of meadows, foothills, and creeks with waterfalls
• Meals prepared with fresh, organic vegetables and fruits
• Sacred temple and private cave for spiritual practice
• Daily brunch and dinner with snacks and tea
• 4 nights accommodation
You won’t be stressed about your yoga retreat budget here! Stress Less promises to give you the best of all worlds: yoga, meditation and Florida beaches. Stress Less retreats welcome all yoga levels, and combine classes in-studio and on the beach.
Four day, three night retreats start at $784. The cost includes:
• Beach accommodations
• Airport transfers from Fort Lauderdale Airport
• Organic continental breakfast daily
• Daily sunrise and evening beach yoga, and Full Moon Yoga (when available)
• Daily yoga classes including Hot Yoga, Warm Yoga, Vinyasa, Hatha, etc.
• Meditation instruction
• Paddle Board Yoga
• Yoga mat and eye pillow
• Souvenir photos of you doing yoga on the beach
An all-levels women only yoga retreat in the woods of East Texas, this retreat offers a peaceful sanctuary to those interested in discovering more about yoga. The Yoga Nurture retreat is their most popular and offers plenty of time for yoga, wine and relaxation.
The cost is only $369 per person for a three-day retreat and includes:
• Freshly prepared meals
• Coffee, hot tea, juice
• Complimentary wine with dinner
• Shared accommodations
• Yoga, meditation, and weekend workshops
• Complimentary Retreat in the Pines tank top or t-shirt
The One World Retreats center is a 6-day, 5-night retreat that’s more expensive ($1,650) but includes a variety of features. They also offer reasonable package upgrades that include a massage, extra dinners or yoga classes.
The retreat not only includes the expected yoga classes and accommodations, but exotic and unique excursions such as a morning hike for yoga in front of a volcano, or lunch in the nearby rice fields. Cost includes:
• Transportation from/to airport and South Bali
• 6 days/5 nights of comfortable accommodation
• 15 well prepared meals
• 5 morning meditation and yoga sessions – 2 hours each
• 3 evening restorative yoga sessions – 1.5 hours each
• 1 evening of surprise yoga sessions – 1.5 hours each
• 2 Spa treatments
• Purification ritual at Tirta Empul temple
• Day of Silence
• Balinese Offering class and ritual
• Yoga overlooking the sunrise behind Batur Volcano
• Bicycle excursion (inclusive but optional)
• Guided rice field walk
• Government tax and services
Gorgeous beaches and yoga…how can you beat that? Sivananda has made it surprisingly affordable by offering the yoga experience as a small fee add-on to astay at the ashram. Their yoga vacation program offers themed retreats with fees ranging from $18-32 per day depending on the time of year and the theme of the retreat.
Housing is designed to meet a range of budget needs from a self-pitch tent to an oceanfront suite. Tents and huts start at $69 and rooms at $99 and up—but the most expensive deluxe suite is still only $147 per night in the high season—what a deal for beachfront luxury! What’s included:
• Healthy meals
• Yoga classes
• Community talks and teachings
• Workshops on yoga, health and spiritual inspiration
There are so many viable retreat options for any yogi, based on your yoga style, preference, and budget. With so many places to choose from, you’re sure to find exactly what you need. So get planning! Which retreat is calling to you?